The mission of INTL is to provide an environment for new professionals and emerging leaders to cultivate professional networks and engage themselves in the community of Canadian international education.
Take initiative by joining a group of like-minded new professionals. This position will introduce you to leadership in international education and enable you to network with colleagues.
Solidify your support network by leading a group of incredible peers. INTL provides an environment to cultivate professional networks and engage in the community of Canadian international education.
INTL awards bursaries for new professionals to attend their first CBIE conference. Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Guard.me International Insurance and World Education Services, we’re pleased to announce the 14 recipients of the 2017 INTL Bursary Award:
- Ian Murdoch, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Rachel Pagdin, Mount Allison University
- Lesia Mysyk, Algonquin College
- Claire Masse, University of Lethbridge
- Geneviève Côté, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Janean Hodgson, University of Regina
- Kirsty Gruber, University of Calgary
- Reuben Onyango, Thompson Rivers University
- Saher Ahmed, University of British Columbia, Okanagan Campus
- Yannick Richer, Université du Québec à Montréal
- Jessica Barbet, Sault College
- Robert Wood, McMaster University
- Maggie Burton, King’s University College at Western University
- Pugaleni Iynkaran, University of Guelph
CBIE 2017 Conference Activities
INTL Meet-and-Greet for first time conference participants
Being new in the field and/or at a conference can be an overwhelming experience. Join INTL for an informal meetup to:
- Connect with other new professionals
- Hear experience, advice and expertise from experienced professionals
- Learn how to make the most of CBIE2017
Date: Sunday, November 19
Time: 5:30 – 6:15pm
Location: Prince George Hotel; Regency Room
Invitations will be sent. RSVP required.
*Directly following the INTL Meet-and-Greet, join CBIE’s Opening Reception at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 (transportation provided)
INTL Breakfast Meeting
Join our annual meeting to learn more about INTL, what we do and how you can get involved.
- Date: Monday, November 20
- Time: 7:00-8:00am
- Location: The World Trade and Convention Centre; Suite 204/205
INTL Speed Networking for New International Education Professionals
(Generously sponsored by Guard.me International Insurance)
Meet, chat, and learn from experienced leaders in the field of international education. In a structured but relaxed setting, you will move between stations every 10 minutes of the hour-long event, engaging in conversations with leaders in international education. Ask questions and learn from their professional growth stories, paths to leadership and diverse backgrounds.
- Date: Monday, November 20
- Time: 7:00-8:00pm (followed by the Guard.me reception)
The CBIE INTL Mentorship Program is a valuable professional development opportunity for newcomers to the field as well as experienced leaders. We would like to thank all who came forward to mentor this year, and especially welcome those individuals from the k-12 sector who are involved!
Championing for New Professionals in International Education
Building upon our previous work, in 2015 INTL worked to prompt and increase the awareness of leading ideas and concerns of new professionals amongst the wider international education community. Facilitating dialogue between emerging and senior leaders in the field, and between colleagues across the country, INTL fosters the building of relationships across the sector to build an even strong professional learning community. Check out INTL’s International Education Leadership of Tomorrow: Where are We and Where Do We Need To Go report released as part of the CBIE Research in Brief Series.