INTL awarded ten (10) bursaries to new and emerging leaders in the field of international education to attend the CBIE2023 Conference in Vancouver, November 26-29, 2023.
- Be a current employee of a CBIE member institution
- Have less than seven (7) years of work experience in the International Education sector
- Have support from their home institution to participate
- Be willing to attend required functions, and conference sessions and participate in the group photo
- Must not have attended a CBIE Annual Conference previously
- Must not have received a CBIE Annual Conference bursary previously
- A 300-word statement of interest
- A current CV or resume
- A letter of support from your supervisor – download a template here
We encourage members of INTL who meet the above eligibility criteria to submit an application before the deadline.
The bursaries will be awarded based on merit as demonstrated in the application packages submitted, and alignment with the mission of the International Network of Tomorrow’s Leaders (INTL) professional learning community. Respecting the national scope of CBIE’s mandate, every effort will be made to ensure equal representation of all educational levels (K-12, school board, CEGEP, College, and University), geographical diversity, and linguistic representation of both official languages of Canada.
Please Note: If you register for CBIE2023 prior to receiving a bursary, CBIE will grant you a full refund.
Who reviews the applications?
The INTL Working Group has formed a sub-committee for the selection of conference bursary applications. Members of this subcommittee are not eligible to apply without first recusing themselves from the sub-committee.
If you encounter difficulties at any time please contact Sophie Jodouin (Manager, Community Engagement, CBIE) at [email protected].
Meet the 2023 Bursary Sub-committee!
Simon Fraser University
Thompson Rivers University
Jintu Anne Thomson
St. Francis Xavier University
Phuong Anh Pham