The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) offers the members site (the “Site”) as part of its commitment to provide useful services to its members. By this document on the conditions of use of the Site, CBIE seeks to reassure its valued members it recognizes and defends the rights of responsible users.
Any unauthorized use of content on the Site may violate copyright laws, laws on trademarks, the laws of privacy and publicity or the laws and regulations on communications. CBIE and its affiliates assume no responsibility for an unauthorized reproduction or use of the information found on the Site.
Your use of the Site does not grant you any rights of ownership in respect of the intellectual property contained in the Site, or impairs the rights CBIE with respect to the information or other content of the Site.
limited use right
The viewing, printing or downloading of any content, visual element, form or document from the website only gives you a limited, nonexclusive permission to use your own non-commercial purposes. You can not modify the content of the website or obtained from the Site, copy, distribute, transmit, display, execute, reproduce, publish, grant permission to use, create derivative works from, assign or offer to sell it. Illegal use or unauthorized Site – including: usernames or collection of email addresses of Members by electronic or other ways to disseminate unsolicited commercial email; the use of any information extraction system by electronic or other means to replicate any Site content except for your own use; and supervision of the Site or the creation of links to the site without authorization – will be investigated and, where appropriate, judicial remedies.
Behavior of users of the Site
As a user of the Site, you agree that in connection with your use of the Site and its contents, you will refrain from:
- download on the Site any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, infringing the privacy of anyone, hateful, or for racial, ethnic or other, by post, send by email or transmit by any other means;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or indicate an affiliation with a person or entity;
- you behave inappropriately, offensive, indecent or vulgar use the Site;
- use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- download on the Site any Content that you do have a right to transmit under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary information and confidential information obtained or disclosed as part of an employment relationship or subject to non-disclosure agreement), by post, send by email or transmit by any other means;
- download on the Site any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, a trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property right of any party, in view, in email, or transmit by any other means;
- download in the website advertising, promotional content, “junk mail,” the “spam”, a letter is part of a “chain letters”, an invitation to participate in a “pyramid scheme” or any other form unsolicited or unauthorized solicitation in view, send by email or transmit by any other means;
- download on the Site any Content that contains a virus or other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, on display in email or transmit by any other means;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site, its content, services or servers or networks connected to the Site;
- violate, intentionally or not, any local, provincial, federal or applicable international.
CBIE reserves the right to terminate your access to the Site or its services if it determines that you failed to observe these conditions, submitting false, inaccurate or incomplete when registering or engaged in conduct that would harm otherwise the rights or interests of CBIE in respect of the Website or its services or other property, or no reason, without notice.
Content submitted by users
The Site may contain forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms, polls, surveys, news or other similar communications services groups to enable you to communicate and interact with other members.
Disclaimer of Warranties
SITE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES CBIE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR AGAINST ANY INFRINGEMENT. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THE CORRECTION OF ANY DEFECTS OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS IN THE CONTENT OF ANY SITE OR CBIE SERVERS THAT BROADCAST; FROM ANY DEFECT, DELAY, INTERRUPTION OR MALFUNCTION OF DISTRIBUTION OF ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE; ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT; OR ANY BEHAVIOR OF USERS OF THE SITE, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR INDICATION ABOUT THE USE OF THE CONTENT OF SITE CBIE OR THE RESULTS OF USE, WHETHER IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THE USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, CBIE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEPARATELY) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, OR RESULT IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE OR THE INABILITY TO USE, EVEN IF CBIE OR REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The Site may contain links to other sites or the World Wide Web resources. CBIE does not necessarily examine such sites or the sites to which a link leads from all CBIE website and is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein, their protection policies personal information or availability of their information. You hereby irrevocably waive any claim against CBIE with respect to such sites and third party content. We encourage you to conduct any verification you feel necessary or appropriate before making a transaction online or offline with a third party. Nor CBIE nor its affiliates, employees, directors, officers or agents will not be liable for damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages as a result of your use of third party content or third party site linked to the links within the site.
Choice of law
CBIE reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as may be necessary to do to meet the requirements of any applicable law or regulation, a legal proceeding or governmental request, or to edit any or part of any information or content, to refuse to post or to remove it, at the sole discretion of CBIE.