CBIE is a national, non-profit association dedicated to supporting Canadian education institutions in achieving their internationalization goals through advocacy, capacity building and partnerships.
Why Join CBIE?
Our members benefit from being part of an inclusive community of international education professionals across the full spectrum of education in Canada. As a CBIE member, all administrators and faculty of your institution can access benefits.
Community Connection & Leadership
- Virtual Member Community Hub with 1000+ IE professionals nationwide
- Unlimited job postings in the Hub
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) and PLC leadership opportunities
- Senior Internationalization Officers (SIO) Table
- One complimentary, non-transferable full conference pass for the designated SIO*
- Member rates on all other conference passes
- Opportunities to recognize achievement in IE through annual Excellence Awards
- Conference attendance bursaries
Professional Learning & Events
- Member rates on the International Students and Immigration Education Program (ISIEP)
- Member rates on webinars, RISIA CPD events, and online courses
Coordinated National Voice
- Advocacy efforts to advance policy impacting IE in Canada
- Volunteer leadership opportunities on Advisory Committees
Insights & Resources
- Curated resources on IE trends and perspectives
- Opportunity to participate in nationwide student mobility surveys
- Exclusive access to student mobility data
Global Partnership Network
- Events to build partnerships with institutions and governments worldwide
- Opportunities to engage in international capacity building projects
* You must be a CBIE member institution for ten months in order to receive the non-transferable full conference pass for your institution’s designated SIO.
Member categories for institutions and associates (except school boards) are based on full-time equivalent enrolment (FTEE), which is the total of full-time enrolment plus part-time prorated to full-time equivalent. All memberships renew annually on April 1st. Fees for new members will be prorated for the first year based on when they join to align with the annual April 1st renewal date.