After a two-year hiatus we are proudly announcing the return of the CBIE International Student Survey: Our sector’s national, comprehensive project to measure and advance the international student experience across Canadian post-secondary campuses.
The call to sign-on your institution is now open. Here are eight reasons your institution won’t want to miss out:
- It’s free of cost for member institutions to participate.
- The data is yours (and ours). We take a shared data approach. As a participating institution you will receive your institution’s raw data as well as the anonymized national dataset.
- Receive CBIE support throughout the process. Our research team can be as hands-on as you need from the ethics review to customizations.
- Gain year-over-year insights. If your institution has participated in previous editions of the survey you may obtain that data to measure the experience on your campus over time. The data are available to you now and always will be.
- Manage survey fatigue: The CBIE International Student Survey is comprehensive yet respectful of student survey fatigue through the use of rolling themes.
- Robust national sample. In the 2015 survey we had the phenomenal contribution of 35 participating institutions and 4,000 students coast-to-coast.
- Exciting featured themes. This year join us to explore how international students experience Indigenous knowledge and culture; how spouses and dependents of international students fare in settlement and integration; and how international students pursue, obtain and experience work in Canada.
- The greater good: When institutions participate, we are able to build a national understanding of Canada’s international student experience – we share what we’re doing well as a country and where we can improve collectively. Participating is not just for your benefit but in the service of our sector more broadly.