Submit a 30-45 second video explaining what you love about studying in Canada and why you would like the opportunity to go home for the holidays. Don’t be afraid to be creative and funny in your submission!
Be sure to tell us a bit about yourself as well such as where you are from, where you are studying in Canada, what program you are in, how long you have been in Canada, and what the experience of studying in Canada has been like for you. (See additional video criteria below.)
Before submitting your video please ensure you have:
- Read eligibility criteria below
- Contact information for your international office
Competition closes October 2nd 2017 at 11:59PM EDT
The selected video will be incorporated into a promotional video that will be shared on CBIE and Scotiabank websites, social media channels, and at CBIE’s Annual Conference.
- The video should be 30-45 seconds in length.
- The video can be submitted in English or French.
- Images and audio in the video must be clear and of high quality.
- Only one video per individual is permitted.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements and whose videos are judged by CBIE to meet the minimum criteria will be entered into the final draw. The winner will be drawn and contacted by November 1, 2017.
At the time of applying, the applicant must be:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Registered as a full-time or part-time student at a Canadian post-secondary institution (university, college, polytechnic, institute, or cégep).
- Registered in an academic program that includes a minimum of 2 years in Canada.
- Registered in both the Fall 2017 (September-December) and Winter 2018 (January-April) terms at the institution.
- Able to leave Canada and return to their ‘home’ country during the December academic break. This includes having:
- Permission from their academic program to leave Canada (especially if the applicant is in a scholarship program).
- Travel duration to align with the December holiday break schedule of the student’s Canadian institution.
- Appropriate visa conditions to leave and return to Canada.
The winning student will be awarded one (1) roundtrip economy ticket to his/her home country.
Also included in the prize:
- One (1) checked piece of luggage.
- In-flight meals that are included in the ticket price.
Not included in the prize:
- Taxis/transportation to and from the airport.
- Any applicable visa costs.
- Airport fees/charges to be paid at the airport (not included in the ticket price).
- Fees for any additional baggage or overweight or oversized baggage.
- Extra meals that are not included in the ticket price.
- Travel insurance.
CBIE reserves the right to use the student’s name in the promotion of the competition should he/she be the selected winner.
CBIE reserves the right to use all or part of the submitted video in a promotional video announcing the winner, which will be shared on CBIE and Scotiabank websites and social media channels.
CBIE reserves the right not to consider any entry it deems to be inappropriate.
The video should not have been entered in a previous contest or won previous awards; and must not infringe on the rights of any third party.
By submitting a video, the student acknowledges that he/she has read and understands the competition details, eligibility requirements and general terms and releases CBIE from all liability in connection with the production of the video.
CBIE will work with the student to select his/her departure and return flight dates. Once the tickets have been purchased the flight dates and times cannot be changed. The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash value. Any change fees will be incurred by the student.
Competition selection decisions will be final and binding. CBIE reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this competition at any time without prior notification.
CBIE is not responsible for lost or late entries. CBIE reserves the right to cancel or modify this competition due to fraud, virus or other causes beyond the control of CBIE. All submissions become the property of CBIE and will not be returned.