The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is Canada’s foremost national, membership organization dedicated to making Canada a global leader in international education – to ensure Canada’s future prosperity and to give expression to our country’s enduring commitment to global citizenship.
Mission, Vision and Values
CBIE’s focus is on building Canada’s capacity to contribute and participate fully in the world through educational connections.
We do this by…
- Engaging Canada’s international education community, policy-makers and businesses in making smart and informed decisions to maximize the benefits of international education for Canada
- Encouraging Canadian students to pursue global learning opportunities and supporting Canadian education institutions in helping international students to derive the maximum from their experiences in Canada
- Partnering with international governments in designing educational systems, strengthening academic capacity, administering scholarship programs and delivering critical skills training in priority sectors
We are staying ahead of the curve by…
- Generating new knowledge and insights
- Facilitating proactive engagement with the international education community
- Monitoring and adopting best practices from at home and abroad
- Embracing innovation and thinking-outside-the-box
- Attracting Canada’s best and brightest globally-minded thinkers and practitioners committed to making a difference
Our track record is second-to-none
Over the last 50 years, CBIE has managed 100+ global projects worth over $2.5 billion – in over 60 countries and 17 languages
Our pan-Canadian membership includes the full spectrum of education; universities, colleges, institutes, polytechnics, cégeps, school boards and language schools.
In the past 30 years, CBIE has managed over 100 programs valued at over $2 billion.
Since 1966, CBIE has worked to promote international education alongside partners in Canada and abroad.
CBIE has mobilized more than 35,000 students and trainees, for educational programs in Canada and abroad.