This page provides important reference materials pertinent to your scholarship program. Please consult this page frequently as we may update some of the documents and guidelines based on directions received from the Ministry in Libya and in coordination with all other relevant authorities in Libya.
Ministry Rules and Regulations
As recipients of the Libyan-North American Scholarship Program (LNASP), students are expected to follow the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by the Libyan Ministry of Education.
The following links contain these rules and regulations in Arabic:
While some of these rules and regulations have been put on hold, amended, or cancelled altogether, this document will give students a good foundation for understanding the guidelines and directives that govern their scholarship.
Additionally, a decree issued by the Ministry on June 9, 2020 details policies pertaining to Scholarship Freeze and Close File Procedures, including important deadlines by which final tickets, baggage allowance, and thesis reimbursement must be processed. These policies are also reflected in the relevant LNASP Forms.
Welcome Student Guide
The Welcome Student Guide (available in English and in Arabic) was developed to provide new scholarship students with an overview of some of the main policies and procedures pertaining to the LNASP. Additional details can be found throughout the CBIE-LNASP website, including the LNASP Forms page, where relevant policies pertaining to Reimbursements, Travel, Close File, etc. are summarized.
ESL Student Guidelines
The following document is intended to provide critical information, guidelines, checklists and helpful links to students who are currently studying ESL and preparing for academic admission to their nominated degree and program of study. ESL students are advised to regularly refer to this Guide throughout your university application process.
Academic Student Guidelines
The following guidelines are intended to inform students in Academic studies about relevant policies and procedures to help you complete your studies successfully.
As a reminder, LNASP-sponsored students are expected to:
- Comply with the Laws in Canada or the United States;
- Follow the Rules and Regulations of the academic institution you attend;
- Meet Educational Objectives within the ‘Period of Study’ and ‘Nominated Degree Level and Program’ authorized by the Ministry, and be aware of the Scholarship start and end dates;
- Communicate with CBIE on a regular basis by providing contact details, bank information, and visa documents; as well as when encountering any problems or requiring assistance;
- Work closely with your CBIE Academic Manager throughout the university admissions and study process;
- Submit Copies of Documents – academic degree plan, course registration, transcript for each term;
- Demonstrate exemplary conduct – behave in an honest, honorable, mature and respectful manner at all times;
- Demonstrate respect when communicating with CBIE, faculty, students and administrators at the university you attend; allow time for processing your requests and schedule meetings before coming to see your contacts;
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student throughout the academic year.
- Return to Libya within 6 months of your scholarship end date.