Save the Date: December 3-7, 2018
INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION MISSION
Why should my institution participate?
Canadian member institutions will have the opportunity to connect with senior government officials and post-secondary institutions eager to engage more deeply with Canada.
- Expertise: Gain an in-depth understanding of the post-secondary educational context and market in Chile from various perspectives including government, institutions and academia;
- Opportunity: Access unique opportunities to develop and nurture new initiatives and partnerships in Chile, and enhanced understanding of funding opportunities that may support such activities;
- Peer connections: Connect with like-minded peers across Canada in a unique Chilean context, share professional experiences and good practice, and continue to connect post-mission;
- Profile: Play a role in a pan-national “Team Canada” education initiative to Chile that will profile the strategic importance of the Canada-Chile bilateral relationship in education;
- Enhanced internationalization: Leverage unique experiences and lessons learned gained through the mission to Chile as important contributions to the further development and implementation of your institutional internationalization strategy.
What will the collaboration mission program include?
Organized in cooperation with the Council of Rectors of Chilean Universities (CRUCH) and LearnChile, the five-day collaboration mission will include visits to Santiago, Valparaíso and Concepción.
- consultations to identify strategic priorities and interests in collaboration with Chile that will enable CBIE to organize highly relevant and strategic meetings for delegate members; and
- pre-departure informational webinars and briefing materials
- a series of networking events with Chilean higher education stakeholders and potential partners;
- targeted meetings with senior Chilean government officials and Canadian diplomatic representatives, to learn of bilateral and multilateral priorities, plans, and programming in the area of education; and
- a series of visits with Chilean post-secondary institutions to discuss future collaboration opportunities.
- a post-mission report with contributions from all mission participants that will be widely disseminated as a means of broadly sharing the lessons learned and recommendations from the mission; and
- post-mission follow-up with delegates to assess short to medium-term outcomes emanating from the mission
How much does the mission cost?
The collaboration mission will be offered at the rate of 5,900 CAD for CBIE members with all in-country costs covered as part of the program fee. The cost for a second participant from one institution will be discounted (5,500 CAD).
This cost includes the following:
- Six (6) nights of accommodation;
- Local transportation (including domestic air travel);
- Breakfast and lunch (some dinners may be included as part of mission programming);
- Pre-mission briefing;
- All mission planning; and
- Final mission report.
Participants are responsible for their own international airfare, health insurance, and incidentals. If a minimum number of seven participants is not met, the mission may be postponed or cancelled. All registration fees are fully refunded should this be the case.
Who should participate?
The mission is open to CBIE member universities and colleges. Institutions may designate multiple officials to represent various institutional priorities on the CBIE delegation; however, senior-level institutional representatives with authority for negotiating international partnerships on behalf of their institution would be the ideal candidates.
How do I sign up?
Please direct any questions or confirm your interest by submitting a one-page expression of interest to email@example.com.
Your expression of interest should include the following:
- Name, position, short biography, and contact information;
- Institutional description (1 paragraph);
- Institutional objectives for participating in the collaboration mission;
- Photo and institutional logo.
The deadline for applications is September 17, 2018.