2023 Learning Abroad Survey – Students and Alumni
The institution survey is required from each institution committed to distributing the survey to their respective students and alumni.
CBIE will request the contact details of the main collaborator at your institution, who will be responsible for communicating with CBIE. This person will ensure that the appropriate internal review process is followed at their institution, ensuring that the survey can be delivered to their respective student population. To ensure transparency, this agreement also clearly stipulates the intended use of the data, as well as the institution’s involvement, to ensure full consent and due diligence.
- Provides a guide for participating institutions that includes detailed survey methodology and delivery information.
- Manages the survey and designs the questionnaire with additional input from member institutions.
- Provides a promotional toolkit to participating institutions, including targeted communications to students and alumni.
- Assists institutions with their internal review processes, which may include an ethics review or other relevant internal due diligence.
- Responds to student queries regarding the survey.
- Collect, clean and analyze the survey responses.
- Circulate the anonymized institution-specific and national datasets and reports to all participating institutions.
- Publish a National Survey Report recognizing participating institutions as contributors to benefit the Canadian international education sector.
- Complete and submit the institutional survey.
- Reads through the guide for participating institutions, sent to institutions once the participation agreement has been submitted.
- Conduct an internal survey review through an ethics review or other relevant internal due diligence, as required by the institution.
- Launch the online survey with the custom link provided by CBIE.
- Promotes the survey via emails and social media.