Internationalization and international partnership efforts around the world have recently been forced to shift into virtual spaces. However, Canadian and Mexican higher education institutions have successfully utilized online partnership models for many years. This webinar will profile the experiences and best practices to create and deepen international collaboration across the higher education sectors in Mexico and Canada.
Following the presentations attendees will have the opportunity to share their experiences, offer insights into the new reality of partnership development and ask questions to the participants.
Cohosted by Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Educación Superior (ANUIES), Embassy of Canada in Mexico, and Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
- Understand an overview of virtual partnerships and collaboration in Mexico and in Canada
- Consider how specific examples of virtual collaborations currently taking place could be utilized at your institution
- Consider how COIL and virtual exchanges enhance your internationalization strategy with Mexico
- Understand how you can continue to facilitate online connections between Mexican and Canadian HEIs and know how to get more information from CBIE
• Canadian Ambassador to Mexico, Graeme C. Clark,
• Jesus Lopez, Academic General Director, Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Educación Superior (ANUIES)
• Karen Dalkie, Vice President Development and Partnerships, CBIE
• Thomas Buntru, International Programs Director, University of Monterrey
• Emmanuel Carrillo, President of Universidad Tecnologica del Retoño
• Tatjana Brkic, MBA, MSc Applied Business Research and Social Innovation Faculty Lead at Red River College
• Dr. Pedro Márquez , Vice-President Research and International, Royal Roads University
• David Julien, Executive Director of the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI-IOHE) and Executive Director of the Conference of the Americas on International Education (CAIE).
• Carol Zachs, Director of Global Engagement, Simon Fraser University
• Anne Christensen, Director Development and Partnerships, CBIE