Whether you’re preparing for an international trip this Fall or attending your next IE conference, consider setting up meetings with the Trade Commissioner Service..
Join the IR-PLC and moderator Faye Salins, Senior Intercultural and Diplomatic Advisor at the University of Calgary, as they look to build understanding and unlock opportunities between the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) and International Relations Officers (IROs) at Canadian institutions. The session will include representatives from all levels of the TCS, regionally, nationally and internationally, and colleagues from global engagement offices in Ontario and British Columbia. This will be a unique opportunity to establish networks between the TCS and IROs, supporting our collective global engagement and partnerships efforts.
This event is intended for those in international relations and global engagement offices in institutions, focused on strategic partnership development, including academic, research and study abroad.
This event will elevate your next set of meetings with the TCS, abroad and at home.
- A deeper understanding of the structure, regional and international, of the TCS, as well as their KPIs and objectives
- Build understanding between IROs in HEIs and the TCS – how to mutually achieve our objectives.
- Examples of when to engage the TCS and for what purpose.
- Examples from HEIs of successfully collaborating with TC’s for partnership development and global engagement.
- Good practices – how to effectively engage and how to articulate your institution’s needs.
|12:00 – 12:05||Welcome and introduction|
|12:05 – 12:20||Moderator Intro and Introduction of Panelists|
|12:20 – 12:30||TCS 101 – short presentation|
|12:30 – 1:10||Panel discussion|
|1:10 – 1:25||Q&A and discussion|
|1:25 – 1:30||Concluding remarks|