Join Navitas’ Global Head of Insights and Analytics, Jon Chew and Nous Group Canadian Higher Education Lead and Principal, Matt Durnin, as they discuss results from Thriving in a Hyper-Competitive World – their recent global survey of International Education Leaders.
This webinar will look at the detail underpinning the report’s six key findings from over 100 international education leaders at universities across Canada, Australia and the UK:
- The internationalization agenda | Internationalization is a top priority for universities and a strategic imperative for leaders, but confidence in the ability to deliver successfully is less certain.
- Student recruitment | International student recruitment remains at the heart of the international agenda, but new global delivery models are emerging among fierce competition.
- Balancing priorities | Leaders feel pressured to return cashflows to pre-pandemic levels while balancing revenue and volume with quality and diversity.
- Recruitment levers | The pandemic necessitated significant change to strategic positioning while heralding rapid digital change. This provides new opportunities to leverage different recruitment mechanisms.
- Risks abound | Intensifying competition, rapidly shifting markets and changing international dynamics present risks for universities globally.
- Optimism remains | University leaders remain confident in their own strengths and in the underlying demand for international education.
The webinar will highlight the significant responsibilities international education leaders bear in their institutions and the weight of expectations that come with such a prominent portfolio.
- Differentiate between the varying elements of the internationalization agenda of universities across universities in Canada, Australia and the UK.
- Understand the diverse and competing priorities of senior international education leaders.
- Explore areas of increased and decreased investment by universities in the landscape of student recruitment.
- Access insights into the medium to long-term challenges, opportunities and risks facing universities with internationalization ambitions.
|1:30 – 1:35||Welcome and introduction (CBIE)|
|1:35 – 2:05||Report results presentation|
|2:05 – 2:25||Q&A and discussion|
|2:25 – 2:30||Concluding remarks (CBIE)|