Presented in partnership with the Foreign Economic Relations Board of Türkiye (DEİK)
Please confirm your participation by Wednesday, August 31st
The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) and the Foreign Economic Relations Board of Türkiye (DEIK), with the support of the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) in Türkiye, invite Canadian and Turkish education institutions who are attending EAIE to the Canada-Türkiye Education Networking Event in Barcelona. This event will provide opportunities to explore partnerships between Türkiye and Canada in support of various areas:
- Student and faculty mobility
- Research collaboration
- Joint degree programs
- Capacity building (e.g., vocational training)
Program at a Glance (TBC)
17:15-17:30 Welcome Remarks
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
- Foreign Economic Relations Board of Türkiye (DEIK)
17:30-18:30 Presentations: Canada and Türkiye Partnerships and Collaboration
- Brief presentations (1-min) by attending Turkish institutions
- Brief presentations (1-min) by attending Canadian institutions
18:30-20:00 Networking Reception
Why Türkiye and Why Canada?
Türkiye is a priority country in Canada’s international education sector. With 12.95 million young people aged 15 to 24, a growing population increasingly interested in international education, and a wide range of world-leading universities, Türkiye is a major education hub in the Eurasia and Middle East regions.
Canada is a leading education hub with 150+ universities and colleges throughout its vast geography. Nearly 70% of international students who have chosen Canada to pursue their studies have done so thanks to the quality of its institutions and educational system. Canada’s higher education system is skills-focused and labour-market-oriented, with a wide range of training and partnership opportunities in all fields of knowledge.
Who Should Participate in this Event?
- Senior leadership of Canadian and Turkish Universities & Colleges
- Technical/Applied Education Institutions
- Government stakeholders in Education
Please note: Due to space limitations, one delegate per institution is preferred.
Supported by EduCanada