Join us on a collaboration mission to build relationships between Canadian and Filipino higher-education institutions in March 2019.
The CBIE-led program will take place in Cebu, Philippines from March 19 to March 24. Participants are then encouraged to partake in one of two nearby events:
Tuesday, March 19
Delegates Arrive in Cebu
Afternoon: One-on-one discussions with the Trade Commissioner Service
Evening: Welcome Dinner – Canadian Ambassador and Delegates
Wednesday, March 20
Welcome and Setting the Context – Plenary
- Overview of the Philippine Higher Education Landscape and Internationalization Mandate
- Canadian Educational Landscape, and Canadian Delegation Lightning Pitch Presentations
Moderated Multi-Sector Panel Discussions
- Panel One – Achieving Food Sustainability through Technology, Training and Research in Developing Countries
- Panel Two – Inclusive Education for Indigenous Communities Leading to Economic and Social Prosperity
- Panel Three – Innovation and Technology Advancement for Disaster Management and Resiliency
Thursday, March 21
Morning: Institution to Institution Networking
Afternoon: Cebu Normal University Visit Institutional Visit
Friday, March 22
Morning: Opportunity for one-on-one institutional visits or Cultural Tour for Delegation
Afternoon: University of San Carlos Visit Institutional Visit
Saturday, March 23
Opportunity for one-on-one institutional visits or Cultural Tour for Delegation
- 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Over 15 Post Secondary Institutions
- Hub for the Visayas
- Fastest growing city in the Philippines
Who should participate?
Open to all member and non-member university and college representatives. Multiple officials from the same institution are welcome, however, senior-level institutional representatives with authority for negotiating international partnerships on behalf of their institution would be the ideal candidates.
Please direct any questions or confirm your interest by submitting a one-page expression of interest to Anne Christensen.
Your expression of interest should include the following:
- Name, position, short biography, and contact information;
- Institutional description (1 paragraph);
- Institutional objectives for participating in the collaboration mission;
- Photo and institutional logo.