¡VAMOS A Colombia!
In partnership with the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI-IOHE) and the Colombian Association of Universities (ASCUN), CBIE is pleased to lead a collaboration mission to Colombia from October 21 to 30, 2019.
Taking place in conjunction with the Conference of the Americas on International Education (CAIE) of which CBIE is a founding member, the 9-day mission includes:
- CAIE registration and a special profile, including pre-conference workshops, one-on-one meetings with regional trade commissioners, private networking events, a presence at the CBIE booth and participation in a CBIE-led parallel session;
- Exclusive pre-departure webinars, trade commissioner briefings and resource material;
- Customized networking and partnership events with government officials, national associations and local institutions in Bogotá, Cartagena and Medellín;
- Visits to higher education institutions (HEIs) in Bogotá, Cartagena and Medellín;
- Internal air and ground transportation in Bogotá, Cartagena and Medellín;
- 5-star accommodations and meals in Bogotá, Cartagena and Medellín;
- A cultural tour in the historic city of Cartagena on Colombia’s Atlantic coast.
Monday, October 21
Delegates arrive in Bogotá
Tuesday, October 22
Visit to HEI in Bogotá
Participation in pre-CAIE meetings
- EMULIES (Space of Women Leaders from Higher Education Institutions in the Americas)
Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27
Travel to Cartagena and cultural tour
Monday, October 28
Visits to HEIs in Cartagena
Travel to Medellín in the evening
Tuesday, October 29
Visits to HEIs and key partners in Medellín
Wednesday, October 30
Morning visit to HEI in Medellín
Travel to Bogotá for return flight to Canada
- Third most populous country in Latin America
- Quality higher education system
- Key partner for Canada in Latin America with a free trade agreement in place since 2008
- Multiple government platforms funding learning abroad for Colombian students
- High demand for language training, English and French
- Growing awareness of and value placed on Canadian higher education
- Increasing focus on internationalization with keen interest in joint research and two-way mobility agreements
- Strong demand for international graduate studies
Who should participate?
Participation is open to all member university and college representatives. Multiple officials from the same institution are welcome. Senior-level representatives with authority to negotiate international partnerships on behalf of their institution would be the ideal candidates.
Please direct any questions to Anne Christensen, Director, Development and Partnerships.
Please submit your expression of interest online and include the following:
- Name, position, short biography, and contact information;
- Institutional description (1 paragraph);
- Institutional objectives for participating in the collaboration mission;
- Photo and institutional logo.
Registration deadline: August 1, 2019
The mission fee covers all in-country costs and exclusive opportunities for the 9-day program.
Members: $12,500 for first institutional representative
*A reduced fee is available for additional institutional representatives.