¡VAMOS A Colombia!
In partnership with the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI-IOHE) and the Colombian Association of Universities (ASCUN), CBIE is pleased to lead a collaboration mission to Colombia from October 21 to 30, 2019.
Taking place in conjunction with the Conference of the Americas on International Education (CAIE) of which CBIE is a founding member, the 9-day mission includes:
- Registration and a special profile at CAIE in Bogotá including a presence at the CBIE booth and the opportunity to present on a CBIE-led panel;
- Access to pre-conference workshops and one-on-one meetings with regional trade commissioners;
- Networking opportunities with government officials, national associations and local institutions;
- Visits to higher education institutions (HEIs) in Bogotá, Cartagena and Medellín;
- A cultural tour in the historic city of Cartagena on Colombia’s Atlantic coast.
Monday, October 21
Delegates arrive in Bogotá
Tuesday, October 22
Visit to HEI in Bogotá
Participation in pre-CAIE meetings
- EMULIES (Space of Women Leaders from Higher Education Institutions in the Americas)
- OUI-IOHE General Assembly
Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27
Travel to Cartagena and cultural tour
Monday, October 28
Visits to HEIs in Cartagena
Travel to Medellín in the evening
Tuesday, October 29
Visits to HEIs and key partners in Medellín
Wednesday, October 30
Morning visit to HEI in Medellín
Travel to Bogotá for return flight to Canada
- Third most populous country in Latin America
- Quality higher education system
- Key partner for Canada in Latin America with a free trade agreement in place since 2008
- Multiple government platforms funding learning abroad for Colombian students
- High demand for language training, English and French
- Growing awareness of and value placed on Canadian higher education
- Increasing focus on internationalization with keen interest in joint research and two-way mobility agreements
- Strong demand for international graduate studies
Who should participate?
Participation is open to all member and non-member university and college representatives. Multiple officials from the same institution are welcome. Senior-level representatives with authority to negotiate international partnerships on behalf of their institution would be the ideal candidates.
Please direct any questions to Anne Christensen, Director, Development and Partnerships.
Please submit your expression of interest online and include the following:
- Name, position, short biography, and contact information;
- Institutional description (1 paragraph);
- Institutional objectives for participating in the collaboration mission;
- Photo and institutional logo.