June 10-11, 2019
Call for Proposals Now Open
CBIE Western Regional Meeting | Olds College | June 10-11, 2019
Internationalizing your Niche
Olds College will be hosting the 2019 CBIE Western Regional Meeting on June 10 and 11, 2019. Participants are invited to arrive in Olds the afternoon of Monday, June 10 to register and attend the opening evening reception. The conference theme, Internationalizing your Niche, will allow Olds College to highlight the specialties of our college, including our regional food products, entertainment and casual hospitality. Bring your cowboy boots and western clothing to best appreciate our opening reception. Yee haw!
- April 8: Call for proposals deadline
- April 29: Decisions and notifications to submitters
- June 10-11: CBIE Western Regional Meeting
- Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 8, 2019.
Session Proposal Guidelines
In recognizing that each of our institutions have many unique qualities and are tackling internationalization on campus in different ways, we encourage presenters and attendees alike to think creatively and collaboratively about how to highlight these assets within the larger concept of internationalization.
Sessions should reflect the theme of the conference but should relate to different areas of interest within international education, such as leadership and strategic planning, education abroad, marketing and recruitment, student advising and services, internationalization at home, and admissions.
Proposals are invited for either a 60-minute session or for a 15 minute Hot Topics session to be held on Tuesday, June 11. The Hot Topics sessions are an opportunity to present a work in progress and receive feedback or to discuss a smaller project that may not yet be ready for a 60-minute presentation. This may also be a good opportunity for newer colleagues to get experience presenting at a friendly conference.
- Each session must identify a primary contact who will correspond Olds College and who will liaise with session presenters
- Video conferencing is not available
- Presentations by individuals across several institutions and different levels of experience are particularly encouraged.
To submit your proposal, please include the following information:
- Title of Session
- Type of Session
- Concurrent (60 minutes, including time for questions)
- Hot Topics (15 minutes, with or without time for questions)
- Full Session Description
- Detailed description of session content and relevance to conference theme
- Identify learning objectives and session outcomes
- Brief summary of full session description to be included in the program
- Session Presenters
- Name, Title, Organization