The INTL Mentorship Program matches emerging and experienced leaders in the Canadian international education sector. Mentors and mentees connect regularly over one year and receive support and guidance from the INTL Mentorship Team.
The Application Period for the 2019-2020 Mentor Program is now Closed.
- Mentors are experienced leaders who have been involved in International Education for more than 7 years.
- Mentees are emerging leaders have been involved in International Education for less than 7 years.
- Members who have been involved in International Education for 4-7 years may participate as both a mentor and a mentee.
- Available to individuals at CBIE Member Institutions.
Program structure & obligations once admitted to the program:
- Be an active participant by supporting your Mentee through their professional and personal goals from April to November (for Mentors)
- Connect with your Mentee/Mentor at least 2-3 hours each month
- Respond to a mid-term short survey
- Respond to a program evaluation questionnaire once your commitment is finished
Selection & Matching:
- National representation inclusive of geography, language and sector experience will be given priority in selecting program participants
- Matching will be conducted based on the responses within the Mentor and Mentee application
Application period is from February to March.
Please direct all questions related to the application process to Mayda Cristina Borbely, Lead, INTL Mentorship Program via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the 2019 INTL Mentorship Team!
Mayda Borbely, University of Calgary
Carl Sachs, York University
Iris Wang, Brandon University
Nicole Miller, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Amanda Thorson, Norquest College
Andrew Osborne, University of Regina