The INTL Mentorship Program matches emerging and experienced leaders in the Canadian international education sector. Mentors and mentees connect regularly over one year and receive support and guidance from the INTL Mentorship Team.
Applications will be accepted until March 22, 2019
- Mentors are experienced leaders who have been involved in International Education for more than 7 years.
- Mentees are emerging leaders have been involved in International Education for less than 7 years.
- Members who have been involved in International Education for 4-7 years may participate as both a mentor and a mentee.
- Available to individuals at CBIE Member Institutions.
Program structure & obligations once admitted to the program:
- Be an active participant by supporting your Mentee through their professional and personal goals from April to November (for Mentors)
- Connect with your Mentee/Mentor at least 2-3 hours each month
- Respond to a mid-term short survey
- Respond to a program evaluation questionnaire once your commitment is finished
Selection & Matching:
- National representation inclusive of geography, language and sector experience will be given priority in selecting program participants
- Matching will be conducted based on the responses within the Mentor and Mentee application
Application period is from February to March.
Please direct all questions related to the application process to Mayda Cristina Borbely, Lead, INTL Mentorship Program via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the 2019 INTL Mentorship Team!
Mayda Borbely, University of Calgary
Carl Sachs, York University
Iris Wang, Brandon University
Nicole Miller, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Amanda Thorson, Norquest College
Andrew Osborne, University of Regina
Thank You to the INTL 2018 Mentors!
With 22 paired mentor/mentee matches across Canada, we would like to thank all who came forward to mentor and contribute to last year’s success!
- Alain Boutet Dalhousie University
- Arthur Chen Queen’s University
- Ashley Pinsent-Tobin Nova Scotia Community College
- Catherine Fisher University of Calgary
- Catherine Wilde Lethbridge College
- Colleen Packer University of Calgary
- Emily Mancuso University of Toronto
- Helen Balderama York University
- Janean Hodgson University of Regina
- Jenna Levi McMaster University
- John Nelson Carleton University
- Ken Withers University of Toronto
- Martha Mathurin-Moe University of Regina
- Matt Knox University of Calgary until May 2018
- Meghan McKinnie Olds College
- Peter Szyszlo University of Ottawa
- Robin Rooke-Hanke Université de Saint-Boniface
- Teeba Alsafar Wilfrid Laurier University
- Tony Munro University of Waterloo
- Victor Jimenez The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Xiaobing Lin University of Alberta
- Ying Zhang Memorial University of Newfoundland