The INTL is pleased to announce that we will be awarding fourteen (14) bursaries to attend CBIE 2018 in Ottawa, Ontario, November 18-21, 2018. The bursary covers the full conference registration fee and will be awarded to new and emerging leaders in the field of international education.
CBIE and the INTL are grateful to Guard.me International Insurance and World Education Services (WES), for sponsoring this year’s bursaries.
- Be a current employee of a CBIE member institution;
- Have less than seven (7) years working experience in the International Education sector;
- Have not previously attended a CBIE annual conference; and
- Have support from their home institution confirming that, if the applicant is awarded the bursary, the home institution/organization will fund and support accommodation, meals, travel, and other associated costs of attending the conference.
Before you begin, please have the following materials available:
- A 300-word statement of interest describing how the 2018 conference will assist you in your professional development;
- A current CV or resume;
- A letter of support from your director/institution outlining how your attendance at the conference will contribute to the goals of your unit/institution, as well as a financial commitment to cover any/all additional costs associated with your attendance at the CBIE Conference.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. (EST), Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
The bursaries will be awarded based on merit as demonstrated in the application packages submitted, and alignment with the mission of the International Network of Tomorrow’s Leaders (INTL) professional learning community. Respecting the national scope of CBIE’s mandate, every effort will be made to ensure equal representation of all educational levels (K-12, school board, CEGEP, College, and University), geographical diversity, and linguistic representation of both official languages of Canada.
If you encounter difficulties at any time please contact Erica Stewart (Manager, Events and Development, CBIE) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-4820 (ext. 311).
The INTL Working Group has formed a sub-committee for the selection of conference bursary applications. Members of this subcommittee are not eligible to apply without first recusing themselves from the subcommittee. The subcommittee members are: Jessica Morgan (York University), Kirsty Gruber (University of Calgary), Melanie Zimmer (University of Calgary), and Natasha Nobell (University of British Columbia).