Designed to honour excellence in the field of international education at different levels and in a range of specialties, the award categories refer to CBIE’s four pillars:
There are ten Excellence Awards:
- CBIE Founders Award for Excellence in International Education: Awarded to an individual whose contributions to and support for international education is recognized and highly valued. This outstanding individual personifies CBIE’s central value proposition: “Expertise. Knowledge. Opportunity. Leadership”.
- CBIE Member Emeritus: Designation of an individual to recognize long-term service and support for CBIE as they retire from the field.
- CBIE President’s Award for Distinguished Leadership in International Education: Awarded to an individual to recognize outstanding leadership in the internationalization of Canadian education and/or the international education profession beyond their home institution.
- CBIE Chair’s Award for Meritorious Service: Awarded to an individual in order to recognize outstanding service to international education primarily focused within his/her institution or organization.
- CBIE Panorama Award for Outstanding International Education Program: Awarded to a team or individual to recognize innovation and excellence in design, planning, implementation and management of high quality endeavours in international education.
- CBIE Catalyst Award for Research Leadership: Awarded to an individual or group of individuals for bringing cutting-edge knowledge to the field of international education.
- CBIE Board of Directors Award for Comprehensive Internationalization: Awarded to institutions or school districts that are executing well-planned, creative and purposeful strategies toward comprehensive internationalization.
- CBIE North Star Award for Emerging Leader in International Education: Awarded to a new professional who has shown extraordinary promise in the field of international education; to recognize and encourage outstanding individuals to continue in the field.
- CBIE New World Award for Student Leadership in International Education: Awarded to a Canadian student or group of students in order to recognize those who contribute in a positive way to internationalization of their campus community.
- CBIE Elizabeth Paterson Award for International Student Leadership in International Education: Awarded to an international student or group of students in order to recognize those who contribute in a positive way to internationalization of their campus community.