This page provides important reference materials pertinent to your scholarship program. Please consult this page frequently as we may update some of the documents and guidelines based on directions received from the Ministry in Libya and in coordination with all other relevant authorities in Libya.
Rules and Regulations
As recipients of the Libyan-North American Scholarship Program (LNASP), students are expected to follow the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by the Libyan Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR).
The following link contains these rules and regulations in Arabic:
While some of these rules and regulations have been put on hold, amended, or cancelled altogether, this document will give students a good foundation for understanding the guidelines and directives that govern their scholarship.
If you would like to know more about the status of current benefits available to you as part of the Libyan-North American Scholarship Program (LNASP),
please consult the document below.
Please note that some scholarship benefits have been placed on-hold. Please refer to the Latest News and Updates section for more information about changes to some of the benefits.
Academic Student Guidelines
The following guidelines are intended to inform students in Academic studies about relevant policies and procedures to help you complete your studies successfully.
Academic Placement for ESL students
The following documents are intended to provide critical information, guidelines, checklists and helpful links to students who are currently studying ESL and preparing for academic admission to their nominated degree and program of study. The ESL Unit team asks that you regularly use this Guide to throughout your university application process. We will refer to it often in our communications with you.
As a reminder, LNASP-sponsored students are expected to:
- Comply with the Laws in Canada or the United States;
- Follow the Rules and Regulations of the academic institution you attend;
- Meet Educational Objectives within the ‘Period of Study’ and ‘Nominated Degree Level and Program’ authorized by the Ministry, and be aware of the Scholarship start and end dates;
- Communicate with CBIE on a regular basis by providing contact details, bank information, and visa documents; as well as when encountering any problems or requiring assistance;
- Work closely with your CBIE Academic Manager throughout the university admissions and study process;
- Submit Copies of Documents – academic degree plan, course registration, transcript for each term;
- Demonstrate exemplary conduct – behave in an honest, honorable, mature and respectful manner at all times;
- Demonstrate respect when communicating with CBIE, faculty, students and administrators at the university you attend; allow time for processing your requests and schedule meetings before coming to see your contacts;
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student throughout the academic year.