Friday, April 6, 2018
Dear LNASP Students,
We are writing to confirm that MLAs for January, February, and March 2018 have been processed by CBIE for all eligible students. As a reminder, please allow 3-7 business days, on average, for the funds to begin appearing in your accounts, depending on the processing time of each financial institution.
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Dear LNASP Students and Institutional Partners,
CBIE is pleased to confirm that the Ministry of Education has authorized CBIE to commence processing the January, February, and March 2018 MLAs to all eligible students. The January 2018 MLA is expected to be processed tomorrow, after which we will immediately begin preparing the February payment, followed by March. We will send an update to confirm once all payments have been released.
We wish to take this opportunity to thank the Ministry of Education for its continued support and commitment to Libyan sponsored students in North America.
We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this delay period and hope that this good news provides some relief to you and your families at this time.
March 1, 2018
Update for Students on Tafweedat Lists 25, 26, 27 (2014) and 1 (2015)
CBIE is pleased to confirm that we have received authorization from the Ministry to activate scholarships as of January 1, 2018 for continuing students currently in North America who are listed on Tafweedat Lists 25, 26, 27 (2014) and 1 (2015) and for whom a start payment decree has been received. Details are as follows:
1. Priority will be given to the issuance of Financial Support Letters for students who provide confirmation that they are enrolled in the current term in full-time in ESL or their nominated degree program. Note that students in North America who are not currently enrolled but who plan to enroll in an upcoming March-June session, upon receipt of a confirmed letter of admission, CBIE will expedite the review your files after all currently enrolled students have been activated.
2. Q1 2018 MLA: CBIE will release the Q1 2018 MLA to all eligible students listed on the Ministry’s official quarterly list who are enrolled full-time during Quarter 1. If your name does not appear on the Q1 2018 list, CBIE is required to submit a report to the Ministry to request authorization to release your Q1 MLA. Please note that CBIE has not yet received the official Q1-2018 MLA list from the Ministry and we are, therefore, not yet in a position to release the Q1-2018 MLAs to eligible scholarship students.
3. Insurance: Upon activation, eligible students in Canada will be enrolled in the current group health insurance plan administered by Manulife. Insurance for students in the United States will be provided by the institution when available, or CBIE will provide additional information for students who may be required to obtain insurance through a private carrier.
4. Actual Scholarship Dates & Activation Report: Upon activating a student’s scholarship, CBIE will prepare a student activation report which will confirm a student’s actual scholarship dates so that the Ministry may adjust their records to align accordingly.
5. Students who are not in North America: For students included on the lists who are not currently in North America, further clarification/instruction and allocated budgets are required from the Ministry before any action can be taken. At this time, CBIE is not in a position to issue a Financial Support Letter for Visa purposes, or a Financial Support Letter for Admission purposes for students not currently in the United States or Canada.
6. Scholarship Benefits prior for the Fall 2017 semester: For students who may have started their studies prior to January 2018, CBIE will provide an activation report to the Ministry. The Ministry will review each student case and will provide CBIE with further direction for any eligible retroactive expenses incurred for the Fall 2017 semester. Note that at this time, there is no guarantee that any expenses prior to January 1, 2018 will be reimbursed.
In order to facilitate and expedite the activation process, we ask that all students listed on Tafweedat Lists 25, 26, 27 (2014) and 1 (2015) in North-America be prepared to provide the following documentation:
- Updated Student Contact Form (http://cbie.ca/what-we-do/current-programs/libyan-north-american-scholarship/lnasp-forms/)
- Letter of Admission/Updated transcripts from your current institution (ESL/Academic)
- Letter from the institution which confirms full-time enrolment/registration for the current semester
- Tuition Invoices, or receipts with proof of payment (including any retroactive tuition payments for the Ministry’s consideration)
- Updated Immigration documents with your current status for dependents and yourself
- Updated Banking Information (if applicable)
Students in the United States are asked to submit the requested documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and students in Canada to email@example.com.
We recognize the challenges and delays for students on Tafweedat Lists 25, 26, 27 (2014) and 1 (2015), and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding.
February 7, 2018
Dear Students and Institutional Partners,
The LNASP is pleased to inform you that based on the program funds transferred last week, we are now in a position to resume program operations.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that there have been some changes in the Academic Manager assignments/geographic distributions. Please take a moment to review the updated contacts for Canada and the US, located at: http://cbie.ca/what-we-do/current-programs/libyan-north-american-scholarship/contact/.
Also, please note that the emergency email accounts firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com have been de-activated based on the fact that all AM email accounts and program accounts are now active and accepting incoming messages.
Tuition Processing: CBIE is pleased to report that this week AMs have begun issuing Financial Support Letters to eligible Libyan sponsored students. Upon receipt of this letter, which will specify the student’s name, level and program of study, and sponsorship validity, institutions may then submit the itemized tuition invoices to: firstname.lastname@example.org for students in the United States and email@example.com for students in Canada.
US Health Insurance: A group health insurance plan has not yet been reinstated for students in the U.S. As such, CBIE will continue to process the mandatory university insurance fees for eligible primary students, if those fees are included on the university tuition invoice for the Winter/Spring 2018 term. If an institution does not offer a university health plan and requires students to enroll in a health plan in order to study, eligible primary students are advised to purchase a comparable international student health plan for the Winter/Spring 2018 semester only. Some institutions may recommend a private insurance provider and/or an international student health plan. Students can submit the itemized invoices along with proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada Health Insurance: All eligible students are currently enrolled in a group health insurance plan administered by Manulife.
Students can expect to receive an email from their LNASP Academic Manager this week providing instructions on next steps. In the meantime, students are kindly reminded to submit Fall 2017 final grades and Winter/Spring 2018 schedules in order to expedite the process of issuing Financial Support Letters for the current term. Also, students are asked to refrain from submitting duplicate emails, as this contributes to delays in response time. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding as our team of Academic Managers and Program Administrators work diligently to respond to all incoming inquiries.
As well, CBIE will begin to process requests for reimbursements, final tickets, and thesis expenses effective Monday, February 12. Students are asked to follow the process for application of these benefits by completing the forms available on our website and following instructions accordingly.
Lastly, in regards to the Quarter 1, 2018 MLA, please note that CBIE has not yet received the official Q1 list, and therefore we are not yet in a position to process MLA. Our focus in the meantime will be on obtaining the required academic updates from students and issuing Financial Support Letters. When we have an update on the MLA official list, we will inform all students accordingly.
CBIE is very pleased to be resuming operations for the LNASP at this time, and we look forward to working closely with students and institutions in ensuring the students’ continued progress towards meeting their academic objectives in Canada and the United States.