Thursday May 18
5:30 – 7:30pm
Opening Reception at NorQuest College
Friday May 19
8:00am – 4:00pm
Conference Sessions at MacEwan University
See below for the detailed program.
- Evening reception at NorQuest College
- One full day conference at MacEwan University
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks on May 19
- Preferred accommodation rates at the MacEwan residence
Online registration is now closed. Please contact Christine Grange with any inquiries.
Professional Development Workshop
Enhance your knowledge of immigration issues by adding the CBIE professional development workshop to your Regional Meeting.
Immigration Advising for International Students and their Spouses and Families
Thursday, May 18, 2017 | 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Update: This workshop has been approved for 3 CPD hours for RCICs and RISIAs.
*This workshop will be held on the margins of the Western Regional Meeting, however, participants may attend the workshop only. There is an additional fee for this workshop.
Contact Erica Stewart with any workshop-related question.
Opening Reception | 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Join NorQuest College for an evening of re-connecting with old and new friends. A cash bar and light snacks will be provided along with some entertainment.
- Welcome by the President of NorQuest College
- Reception ends
Full Day Conference | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Hot breakfast (The Heart, 1st Floor)
- Keynote address (The Kule Theatre, 3rd Floor)
- CBIE update
- Break (The Heart, 1st Floor)
- Immigration session (The Kule Theatre, 3rd floor)
Focusing on how geopolitical changes will affect Canadian immigration and strategies regarding students using education as an immigration route.
- Lunch & Poster Presentation (The Heart, 1st Floor)
- Internationalization Strategies Panel Discussion (The Kule Theatre, 3rd floor)
Developing and Implementing Internationalization Strategies panel
- Break (The Heart, 1st floor)
- Concurrent sessions
Innovative practices in:
- Education abroad and i@home
- International recruitment
- International student support services
- Closing remarks (The Kule theatre, 3rd floor)