La oss dra til Norge!
International Collaboration Mission Series
The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) and the Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU) are pleased to partner on a collaboration mission that will seek to increase the number of international partnerships between higher education institutions in Canada and in Norway.
SIU is Norway’s national agency for international education, under the auspices of the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research. SIU promotes internationalization, intercultural dialogue, and international mobility at all levels of education through international programs and measures, research and analysis, advisory services and information. SIU is also responsible for promoting Norway as an attractive study destination.
CBIE is grateful for the support from SIU that will allow Canadian participants to benefit from a reduced collaboration mission program rate.
Why should my institution participate?
Through CBIE’s partnership with SIU, Canadian member institutions will have the opportunity to connect with senior government officials and post-secondary institutions eager to engage more deeply with Canada.
- Expertise: Gain an in-depth understanding of the educational context and market in Norway from various perspectives including government, academia, business, international and locally-based non-government organizations;
- Opportunity: Access unique opportunities to develop and nurture new initiatives and partnerships in Norway, and enhanced understanding of funding opportunities that may support such activities;
- Peer connections: Connect with like-minded peers across Canada in a unique Norwegian context, share professional experiences and good practice, and continue to connect post-mission;
- Profile: Play a role in a pan-national “Team Canada” education initiative to Norway that will profile the strategic importance of the Canada-Norway bilateral relationship in education;
- Enhanced internationalization: Leverage unique experiences and lessons learned gained through the mission to Norway as important contributions to the further development and implementation of your institutional internationalization strategy.
What will the collaboration mission program include?
The one-week collaboration mission will include:
- consultation to identify strategic priorities and interests in collaboration with Norway that will enable CBIE and SIU to organize highly relevant and strategic meetings for the delegation; and
- pre-departure informational webinars and briefing materials — including a strategic planning process, guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity, and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in Norway from SIU staff.
- a workshop with Norwegian education stakeholders on the Canada-Norway relationship on education with an emphasis on lessons learned to date and recommendations for future programming;
- targeted meetings with senior Norwegian government officials and Canadian diplomatic representatives, to learn of bilateral and multilateral priorities, plans, and programming in the area of education; and
- a series of institutional visits with Norwegian universities and colleges to discuss future partnership and collaboration opportunities.
- a post-mission report with contributions from all mission participants that will be widely disseminated as a means of broadly sharing the lessons learned and recommendations from the mission.
How much does the mission cost?
Thanks to the CBIE-SIU partnership, the collaboration mission will be offered at the special reduced rate of $3,500 CAD* for CBIE members with all in-country costs covered as part of the program fee. The cost for a second participant from one institution will be discounted.
This cost includes the following:
- Six (6) nights of accommodation;
- Local transportation;
- Breakfast and lunch (some dinners may be included as part of mission programming);
- Pre-mission briefing;
- All mission planning; and
- Facilitation/production of a final mission report.
*CBIE collaboration missions are typically offered at $5,000 to $7,000 per participant.
Participants are responsible for their own international airfare, health insurance, and incidentals.
If a minimum number of seven participants is not met, the mission may be postponed or cancelled. All registration fees are fully refunded should this be the case.
Who should participate?
The mission is open to CBIE member universities and colleges. Institutions may designate multiple officials to represent various institutional priorities on the CBIE delegation, however, senior-level institutional representatives with authority for negotiating international partnerships on behalf of their institution, would be the ideal candidate.
Given the broad-based international partnerships focus of the planned mission, participating institutions should be relatively new to the market: interested in exploring the potential for collaboration with counterparts in Norway, but have had limited engagement in the country to date.
How do I apply?
There will be an opportunity to liaise and engage in a dialogue with representatives of both CBIE and SIU during a session at the CBIE National Conference in Halifax from November 19-22, 2017.
Please direct any questions or confirm your interest by submitting a one-page expression of interest to email@example.com.
Your expression of interest should include the following:
- Name, position, short biography, and contact information;
- Institutional description (1 paragraph);
- Institutional objectives for participating in the collaboration mission;
- Photo and institutional logo.