CBIE’s policy papers and briefs seek to provide solutions-oriented positions and analysis on emerging issues in international education. They are aimed at government officials and our membership alike, both in Canada and abroad. These papers may be collaborations with our members or other organizations, or contributions to publications by CBIE members on international education public policy.
Learning Beyond Borders: A Solution to Canada’s Global Engagement Challenge
- Submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance for Pre-Budget Consultations in Advance of the 2018 Budget
August 3, 2017
CBIE Immigration Advisory Committee Briefing Notes
CBIE Submission to the Government of Canada’s National Conversation on Immigration, August 2016
Read CBIE’s submission which addresses four areas:
- Strengthening our Canadian fabric
- Unlocking Canada’s diverse needs
- Modernizing our immigration system
- Leadership in global migration and immigration
CBIE Submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance, Pre-Budget Consultations, August 2016
Read CBIE’s submission which requests substantial investment in the following area:
- Investment in study abroad for Canadian students “Canada’s Global Engagement Challenge” to make measurable progress toward the target of 50,000 awards annually by 2022
CBIE Submission to Global Affairs Canada on Canada’s International Assistance Policy Review, July 2016
Read CBIE’s submission which proposes four concrete recommendations that correspond to the input received from its members, as well as its own experience as a key development partner to the Government of Canada.