Canada’s International Education Conference is THE
meeting place for International Education professionals and stakeholders from across Canada and around the world.
CBIE’s 2014 conference theme is The Diplomacy of Knowledge and Our Common Future. It is a concept increasingly discussed by leaders in education and public life. His Excellency David Johnston, Canada’s Governor General and CBIE’s Patron, links education across borders with the broader relationships between countries and regions. Knowledge diplomacy encompasses student mobility and collaborative research across borders (and across disciplines too). It has elsewhere been suggested that knowledge should contribute to a country’s selection of foreign policy objectives, and that knowledge diplomacy offers the opportunity to work at all education levels in a range of fields to develop common approaches to shared global challenges. Participants will explore the meaning of the diplomacy of knowledge and its potential to impact our common future in a meaningful and timely way.
Highlights of CBIE’s 2014 Annual Conference include:
- Pre-conference professional development workshops
- Opening reception
- Canada-Pacific Alliance Countries Education Forum
- Information sessions on IE priority markets
- Keynote speakers and thought leaders from around the world
- Three plenary sessions
- Over 60 concurrent sessions focusing on the following themes: International Student Advisory Services, Education Abroad, Emerging Leadership, Recruitment, Marketing and Admissions, The Diplomacy of Knowledge, and Women in Education Leadership
- International Education Fair
- Can’t miss the social program including a gala dinner and entertainment
Please join us in Ottawa, Canada’s capital, from November 19 to 22, 2014.
Questions? Contact Marie Laplante at email@example.com
Our conference would not be possible without the support of
all our sponsors.